CANADIAN TIRE JUMP START PROGRAM
Jump Start Application Form
The West Kelowna chapter of the Canadian Tire Jump Start program provides financially disadvantaged children in the community with the opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities. To apply, candidates must fill out the application form and write a letter that states why funding support is being requested.
There are two funding allocation periods per year. Families can apply for funding once per allocation period.
- Allocation period 1: January 15 to June 1
- Allocation period 2: July 1 to November 15
Criteria to apply for the Jump Start program include:
- To be eligible, children must be between the ages of 4 and 18.
- Funding can cover registration fees, equipment costs or transportation costs.
- Sport or recreational activity must include physical activity.
- Funding is for sustained activities of at least 5 weeks or 5 consecutive days.
- Funding goes to individuals, not teams.
- Up to $300 per child can be issued per allocation period.
WEST KELOWNA KIDSPORT
West Kelowna Kid Sport Application Form
KidSport™ provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport. West Kelowna KidSport grants help cover the cost of registration fees for a sport season. To apply, candidates must fill out the application form and write a letter that states why funding support is being requested.
Criteria to apply for Kid Sport funding include:
- Only one application per calendar year, for one eligible sport, may be submitted.
- Children/Youth age 18 and under are eligible for a grant.
- Maximum grant provided is $300.00 per child per year.
- Camps, equipment, travel, fundraising, championships, etc. are not eligible expenses.
- Sport activities must be affiliated with a "sport organization" of Sport BC.
- Preference is given to athletes who are being introduced to organized sport.
EVERYBODY GETS TO PLAY OKANAGAN
Everybody Gets To Play Okanagan is a joint venture, bringing together municipalities, recreation and social service organizations, to provide open access to recreation and activities for low income families and individuals. Providing recreation without borders is our guiding principle.
For more information see the Everybody Gets to Play Okanagan website at www.okplay.ca.
To learn more, please contact the District of West Kelowna's Recreation and Cultural Services Department at: